I am sorry for what I said when I was hungry
Who else is a huge snacker? Because, I am and especially because I can get quite hangry if I do not have a snack with me. One of my favourite snacks are protein bars, however, in the supermarket they are really expensive and honestly, most of them are not always that delicious. That´s the reason why I love to make them by myself. In this case, you also reduce plastic as you do not have any plastic in which your protein bar is wrapped up. But how to make these delicious bars
- 3 cups of oats
- 2 scoops of protein powder (I used a vegan one from MyProtein)
- chopped nuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds, banana chips
- 2 scoops of peanut butter
- a bit of maple syrup
- plant based milk
- Mix all the dry ingredients (oats, nuts, seeds and protein powder) together
- Put the peanut butter and the maple syrup in a bowl and put it in the microwave for around 30 seconds.
- Stir the peanutbutter mix with the dry incredients
- Add as much plant based milk as needed to get a dough texture
- Put it all in baking pan and put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours
If you like, you can also top everything with more peanut butter or chocolate. I really hope you like the protein bars because I really love them and now make them every 3/4 days as they are gone quite fast.
If you want more recipes then please let me know in the comments as I love to bake and create new recipes for you.
Lots of Love & Light,